WebDT366 & 1GB CF problem.

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
immortalsoule

WebDT366 & 1GB CF problem.

Post by immortalsoule »

I wasn't sure where to post this because i couldn't be sure if it was a hardware or software problem. I purchased a new 1GB CF card to go into the alternate slot and installed a make of XP called "Tiny Beast" which is roughly the same size as Micro XP, maybe a little larger.

Well, i formatted it and put some things on it and, every other boot, it comes up doing a disc scan on the CF card and coming up with all these "bad" spots in it.

What makes this strange is, i can put it into a desktop with a multi-reader interface and the CF seems to have no problems.

I wanted to say it was a defective CF but i don't think that's the case considering it works so well on the desktop.

Anyone have any ideas here on why the installed software (on the CF) might be getting corrupted?

Otherwise the DT366 runs decently on the XP Pro.
jm98

Re: WebDT366 & 1GB CF problem.

Post by jm98 »

I never had luck with booting XP off CF even with nlite XP distros with alternate disks support. I don't believe DT366 or other webdt's will let user boot off internal CF.
praetorian

Post by praetorian »

Even if you could I don't see why you would want to. The read/write speeds aren't anything to write home about. Your best bet is to keep the CF card as a data/program drive and install xp onto the flash drive. I recommend using EWF or FBWF to stop windows writing to the flash disk. It will be much harder to replace than a CF drive.

I have MicroXP + .NET Framework 2.2 installed on a 1GB flash disk with a few hundred megs to spare. There sare some other things taking up space but those are the main ones.
Foxx
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Foxx »

Read the FAQ, you cant boot of the DT366 CF bus.
Hacking is not a crime, It's a passion - www.BSoDtv.org
If you need someone to IDE mod your DT366 toss me a PM.