Touchscreen troubles webdt 366

Topics on hardware and modifications. Please post your "how to" steps that involve tools here.
krzys59

Touchscreen troubles webdt 366

Post by krzys59 »

I have unscrewed my DT366 just to see its insides, unfortunately after screwing it back touchscreen doesn't respond to stylus but picture is good. I don't think that I could damage sth. on mainboard or screen, the only thing which could by in question is this tape going from TFT to mainboard (as this TFT was replaced). So is there any kind of soft/hard switch or bios settings which maybe needed to alter after unscrewing whole unit and taking out batteries? Or do you know sth about anything which is easy to broke when unscrewing?  
Regards
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Touchscreen troubles webdt 366

Post by quotaholic »

First question would be was it replaced with the correct screen? We have the penmount dmc9000 serial model. Its set up for 19,200 kb/s. Next would be was the ribbion cable near the side of the display damaged? Actually its more of a multi cable. More than one time when I had mine apart I put it back together with something under the screen that caused it to flex up. Always caught it before I turned it on but that may make it act funny. Just a thought.

http://webdt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=0

Heres some good shots of it coming apart.

let us know
quotaholic
Last edited by quotaholic on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
krzys59

Re: Touchscreen troubles webdt 366

Post by krzys59 »

My screen is not oryginal, this is AU Optronics B084SN03
I am not sure, but  I think touchscreen is add to lcd screen, original B084SN03 is without touch.
Could someone tell me what is voltage on connector on touchscreen? In my version is 5V, 0V, 5V, 0V, and when I touch sourface voltage is change one time from 5 to 0, another time from 5 to 3,5.
And second subject.
With my son, we compiled Angstrom to webDT366. Now works Angstrom kernel 2.6.29 with GPE or Enlightment, works: usb, pcmcia, wifi, suspend to ram, virtual keyboard. Now we try run bluetooth, programming additional button. Touch screen mayby works, mayby not, my is broken :-(
When we'll finishe I send you link with complite image. Angstrom with enlightment = about 120 Mb, starts about 1 min. We additional  compiled fbreader (work), epdf (work).
Sorry about my vary bad English, but I hope my text is understabled  ;D