Proud Owner DT366 & DT369

This is the area for everything that just doesn't fit well anywhere else
Michale

Proud Owner DT366 & DT369

Post by Michale »

Hi,

I have recently acquired an Atigo S and an Atigo T/HB.. 

Unfortunately for me, it appears that the surplus place I got them from wiped the OS on both..

On the T/HB, I get an "OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND" error..  And on the S unit, I get an "NO BOOT DEVICE FOUND...halting" error.

Now, the weird thing is, I swapped the Flash Drives (one is a 2G and the other is a 4G) but got the same errors on both units.  This indicates to me that it might not be a Drive problem.  It is logical to assume that both drives are wiped (hence the OS NOT FOUND error on the T/HB) and that the 'S' unit has another issue.  I got some advice from another forum that the BIOS might not be set to boot.. I am hoping it is something that simple.

So, anways, I have 2 questions to start.

1.  How does one access the BIOS settings??

and

B.  How can I go about get XP Embedded back on these units??  Each unit does have an XP e COA tag, so I am good to go in that regard.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

EDIT:  Well, I go #1 answered... :D  One of those 'it's so simple a caveman can do it' answers.. :D  Use an external USB keyboard and hit F1...  The BAD news is, the 'S' unit's BIOS appears to be set properly..  So it's beginning to look like a motherboard problem..  :(

Michale
MFCCFL
Last edited by Michale on Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jwatson16202

Re: Proud Owner DT366 & DT369

Post by jwatson16202 »

hi, the atigo t/hb is a f4 bios access, not too sure with the atigo s, its been a while since one last past through my office
rectic

Post by rectic »

jwatson16202 wrote: hi, the atigo t/hb is a f4 bios access, not too sure with the atigo s, its been a while since one last past through my office
Actually, I believe F2 is for the 368.

DT devices are all F1/F2, or Alt or Ctrl F1/F2
volkswagner
Administrator
Administrator

Post by volkswagner »

Sounds like the drives are wiped clean or at least the boot loader is.

Try to boot a live CD to see if the drives are empty.  You can boot a live Linux CD, or even a WinXP CD and at the drive selection prompt it will show you disk partitions an usage percent.

Sounds like you just need to reinstall the OS.
Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.
My Wife's invention Doll Carrier
Michale

Post by Michale »

volkswagner wrote: Sounds like the drives are wiped clean or at least the boot loader is.

Try to boot a live CD to see if the drives are empty.  You can boot a live Linux CD, or even a WinXP CD and at the drive selection prompt it will show you disk partitions an usage percent.

Sounds like you just need to reinstall the OS.
I am assuming that by booting a CD, you mean use an external CD Drive??  Gonna have to dig out such a critter.

Yea, I have resigned myself to the fact that it looks like I will have to build an XPe image and set it up.

Anyone know if there are pre-built images available??

Thanx for all the replies.

Michale
MFCCFL
jwatson16202

Post by jwatson16202 »

rectic wrote:
jwatson16202 wrote: hi, the atigo t/hb is a f4 bios access, not too sure with the atigo s, its been a while since one last past through my office

the 368s i see every day are all f4 to get into bios, boot selection may be f2. i shall have to check on that one
rectic

Post by rectic »

jwatson16202 wrote:
rectic wrote:

the 368s i see every day are all f4 to get into bios, boot selection may be f2. i shall have to check on that one
The ones in the US that I've worked with (several hundred by now) have all been F2 for this model, so maybe overseas it's different.
jwatson16202

Post by jwatson16202 »

slightly bizarre as we import them from the states anyway
oh well.. shall chalk it up to "one of those things"
rectic

Post by rectic »

jwatson16202 wrote: slightly bizarre as we import them from the states anyway
oh well.. shall chalk it up to "one of those things"
Could also depend on the BIOS being run on them..