Ubuntu 9.04 Live CD

This board is for running linux on a DT360
kudu

Ubuntu 9.04 Live CD

Post by kudu »

I made a USB hard drive and my DT 360 was able to boot and run the live CD off it.  It all worked out of the box, a bit slow but worked.  I have a 1gb memory and 1 gb flash drive.

I am working on getting a smaller and faster install.  Any good ideas on what to use?
Last edited by quotaholic on Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ubuntu 9.04 Live CD

Post by quotaholic »

Yeah download the 9.04 alternate iso and press f4 on seeing a gui when booting to it. Select text install and go through the regular motions. I selected ext4 and no swap partition for partitioning. Completed basic install and then linked in the e17 window manager from http://packages.enlightenment.org and then things like localepurge and so forth. I have a 1gb flash card with all sorts of programs on top of Jaunty. Still cant get wireless to work though.
kudu

Post by kudu »

I am working on that.  Like I said, with just the live cd the network works fine for me.  So I am trying to figure out why it will not work on cli.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Do you have the Via VT6656 pciex adapter (sub credit card sized) or are you on a pcie card? What does lsmod show?
kudu

Post by kudu »

Sorry for my long delay, other things grabbed my time.  Namely finding a job, lol.

Anyways, I will take a look.  I think its actually built onto the board.  I will lsmod it and also rip the back off and take a look.

I need to check something out for the wired port that is on the base, I can not remember if that is just a passthrough to the pad or if its some type of eth -> usb adapter.

Kudu
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Love to know what you come up with / have. If its the VIA VT6656 like most 360's have the driver is released in source only form and without a license. The effect is that no one has permission from VIA to release it. Hence the reason its poorly supported and needs to be patched. I was surprised when you said the live CD worked for this reason. Love to know what your lsmod and your lspci shows.

Thanks
quotaholic