Moblin Linux

This board posts about running linux on your webdt366
vinograd19

Moblin Linux

Post by vinograd19 »

seems to be a good one linux.

At start I got the message like "This kernel doesn't support your CPU couse you don't have something like PAE (Physical adress Extension)". I've newbie in linux, so to fix this problem I tried just to replace file "vmlinuz0" with the one I've found on a Slackware image made by quotaholic. It is obvious that linux didn't undersood me at boot and started to cry for help.

So the question: how can I replace to kernel?
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Moblin Linux

Post by quotaholic »

That question would be best asked of the Moblin Linux team. There are two concerns here. Moblin linux is being developed for two specific hardware platforms. Outside of that I remember a sse3 capable cpu being needed (geode is not).

Distributions often offer more than one kernel on a disc. Do your research lining up hardware compatibility. No one here has any variant of Ubuntu installed, thus no one will be able to offer advice on that topic. Moblin is a Ubuntu variant.

One person here did link a tutorial on how to get past a bad kernel on a Ubuntu installation however it requires the knowledge of a good kernel that will work on ones hardware and a "live cd" of that operating system. Moblin images are "installed" images and not "live" images. Thus I feel Moblin may not be a good investment of time.

quotaholic