Re: Complete Image of Puppy 4.3.1 including Penmount drivers

Post by quotaholic »

Sure thing, here is the file you are after:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/2jf0igf ... DT.img.zip

quotaholic
Submaix

Post by Submaix »

I downloaded the file, all the progams says error to create a USB with Linux, can you explain why install this OS on the tablet please?
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

That image that Matt made was a back up of his system using the dd command. Its not an installable iso image and that is why its not working in unetbootin. The way that Matt did it was he booted his webdt to a usb installed distro like puppy or slax (now porteus) or one of the others out there and made a back up via running a live operating system on his tablet and he used the dd command to image the internal flash disk to a usb or flash card.

I covered backing up the internal flash here:

forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=166#p867

But in your case we are doing reverse. You will need to have the puppy image on a flash card or a usb stick being one of two sticks and a keyboard attached to a connected usb hub. It may even need to be a powered hub as the DT has not much power. One stick will have the puppy image on it and the other will be the usb stick you boot to running porteus, slax or some live distro. If you can find slax 6.1.1 those instructions will work but the idea on the instructions was that you want to escape the gui and boot to a command prompt. Most distros will assume a 1024x768 for the resolution and that is too much for the webdt.

Once there use:

Code: Select all

fdisk -l
or

df
to see the attached drives. If you have an old 366 like most folks here the internal flash disk should show up as /dev/hda1 and both usb sticks should be visible. One should be discernable as the distro that you are using and the other usb stick will have the puppy image. Take note of the path of that puppy image after using the df command.

sudo dd if=/mnt/sdaX/puppy-webdt.img of=/dev/hda
Use sudo if you need to. If not then you are likely already running as the root user and wont need sudo. The capitol X on the end of /dev/sda is going to be a number like /dev/sda3 or ?. This will be a variable and you will see the correct number from using that df command and opening each directory and seeing the contents.

This will wipe your hard drive and put matts image on there. I would suggest taking a backup of the existing install before starting on this. Let me know if you have any questions.

quotaholic
Submaix

Post by Submaix »

Thanks! Finally I have the Puppy in my WebDT, thanks for all.
themechwarrior

Post by themechwarrior »

I got Puppy Linux 4.3.1, how do I install it to the WebDT366? internal flash 500mb?
BartBarrera

Post by BartBarrera »

how to make right button click ?
Cool dvd sales online are destined to wind up momentum!
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

If you tap and hold the stylus for half a second in the same spot the right button menu should appear. Setting can be adjusted in /etc/X11/xorg.conf