Geode Video Driver reference

This board posts about running linux on your webdt366
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Geode Video Driver reference

Post by quotaholic »

This is an important link for anyone looking to get linux working “well” on Geode hardware.

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/xorg/dri ... de-2.11.11

Drop the branch menu down to the version that you are working on and look over the readme. It turns out that via very specific xorg.conf settings we may be able to get distribution provided geode drivers to work! Thank you Xorg for never taking this into consideration when generating our conf files. I find that my pci id’s vary a little from what the author indicates. That being said I have been able to get V2.10.1 to work on Slitaz.

This comes with a caveat and think ahead on this. I have not found a way to zap the xserver when geode driver is being used. The module or driver does not unload cleanly. I find that ctl+alt+F? will switch to a different tty where I can run top and get pid for X. Kill X via the pid and now we are back at cursor without hung graphics. Another workaround is to use the vesa driver for a temporary period. I am building an image so I want autologin to work before the geode driver as X needs to work as well as locale before slim can autologin our tablet on slitaz. If you are working on things like getting penmount to work then its advisable to use vesa until you are getting logged in, x starts and all else is good.