Amended Bios - Will pay $$$

Have a tip or tweak that worked for you? This is the place to share it. In particular allocatable memory, flash card slot limitations and speeds as well as how to set up a toggle for outdoor viewable video.
surplusit

Amended Bios - Will pay $$$

Post by surplusit »

Hi Guys,

I am after an amended default bios for the DT366.
I have a project that requires that I change the default COM port to COM2 2F8/IRQ3.
Now this is one of the options available in Bios Setting so no issue there. However, under certain circumstances,  especially if messing with the batteries, or the little coin-cell CR1220 bios battery goes dead, the tablet resets the bios back to default mode - changing the default com port back to COM1 3F8 / IRQ4.

For those of you not in the know, the Penmount driver will only use the default bios registered com port to load its driver for touchscreen, so when this reset occurs, you have no more touchscreen, and no way to input info without clamping on a keyboard and going back into bios to reset this. And halfway up a mountion with you GPS, you sure as hell don't have a keyboard in you anorak!

I am looking for someone to either supply me with a amended bios bios where the default COM port is one of the other default settings, plus I want to change 4 other things from their defalt settings to one of the other options. Then I want to reflash the tablets (I have quite a few to do).  I do not expect anybody to do this for free, and will pay in $ via Paypal - please email me to negotiate.

On the other hand, if anybody knows how to get the Penmount to associate itself to another Comport,  not the bios registered Com 1? I will also pay good $ for the proper working resolution.

Guys, please try the above options, and know they work before asking for the $s, after all I do not want to the the research myself.

Oh, I forgot to mention  - I AM RUNNING XP PRO SP3

Regards
Last edited by surplusit on Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Amended Bios - Will pay $$$

Post by quotaholic »

Having installed the penmount driver for linux over 50 times I can positively indicate that I get asked each time what the default comm port is during the setup stages. Well documented in the readme for the penmount driver packages is a section on how to change this setting after install as well. At least in the linux drivers for the DMC-9000 serial driver this is the case.

Irony would dictate that you are using windows (you did not indicate) and if this is the case I can not help you.

Penmount has been moderately supportive to webdt.org. The VP of sales has been helping us out here and there. Try submitting a ticket to their tech support if there is no documentation in their windows driver package. Cant help but think this would be an easier route to take opposed to re flashing your bios.
Last edited by quotaholic on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
surplusit

Post by surplusit »

Hi, Ihave amended my post above - forgot to mention my OS = Windows XP Pro SP3

Thanks
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

A member here: Foxx, is the only one I know with the capability to flash a bios chip. Try sending him a pm. He is signed in to our IRC channel 24/7 as well.