nlite xp update

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
jm98

nlite xp update

Post by jm98 »

I got nlite version of xp SP2 installed on dt366 with only 30MB left.  The c:\pagefile.sys is 99 MB.  Without pagefile.sys the install image size is ~370MB.

- Geode LX audio driver
- Don't know what's touchscreen  drivers are for xp

Note: I googled eeepc nlite doc for reference...
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: nlite xp update

Post by angrymeat »

nice another refference  can be found here i think they had it sub 250 megs
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/winnt-based/38088-super-small-xp-install-3.html
post your ini settings on here so others can try .

- Don't know what's touchscreen  drivers are for xp
did you mean you cant find them or did you mean you dont know what version you have installed. ?
jm98

Post by jm98 »

Yes, My nlite XP ISO file is around 158MB howerver c:\ install is 370MB + 99MB pagefile.sys.

There is a "Unknown Device" with device instance ID ACPI\ASIM0000\0 code further google search indicated it's code for touchscreen but not finding any drivers on the web.

I was able to install fitpc GEODE LX audio drivers for DT366.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

Even after disabling pagefile on c:\ and assigning pagefile on d:\ XP won't move pagefile.sys to CF card, I think it's due to CF is not initialized early during bootup and not considered true "IDE".
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

the touchscreen drivers are penmount  drivers they can be downloaded form their site. have you installed your button agent ?
jm98

Post by jm98 »

touchscreen working with penmount drivers thanks! 

next I got to find buttons and LCD control drivers.  Any suggestions?

Bluetooth appears to be working with native XP also Cisco 350 wifi was working but I am using Airlink 101 150N PCMCIA card.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

read some of the posts in this section and you will find your button drivers .
jm98

Post by jm98 »

Got it. Thanks! All drivers installed. Time to test all buttons now.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

update.

works..
- XP keyboard mapped to button #3
- IE Explorer button works

does not work...
- Button manager button #1 does not bring up dt keyboard
- LCD brightness button does not work as mentioned on other thread (important for carpc)
- XP Hibernation does not work, I am thinking of rebuilding new nilte image to make this work (important for my carpc project)
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

important things to note .

- Button manager button #1 does not bring up dt keyboard
click the drop down in button manager and it will  allow you to select the xp keyboard  or set it to any other of the 100+ free on screen keyboards available on the web. you can map any of the front buttons to any app using the button agent.

- LCD brightness button does not work as mentioned on other thread (important for carpc)
this has never worked on  the  xp embedded image I wrote or on the xybernaught atigo image created directly for the webdt  good luck.

- XP Hibernation does not work, I am thinking of rebuilding new nilte image to make this work (important for my carpc project)

read this to understand what hibernation is and how it works.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernate_(OS_feature)
key point being  and the primary reason you will most likely not get it working on your web dt without either buying a larger onboad flash or finding a way to add more boot storage.
To enable hibernation, the hard disk needs to have at least as much free space as there is RAM on the system.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

I understand how hibernation works.  I relaize 500MB disk is not enough for hibernation.  I have a Intel atom based carpc in my car but has Lilliput lcd screen issues hence remove current PC and  I plan to use dt366 for carpc.  I did not like lilliput 7" LCD screen with 800x480 resolution. One thing I like about dt366 is 800x600 8.4" screen and AIO PC configuration.

I have ordered 2GB DOM 3V 44pin module hopefully it will arrive in next week or so.  I will reinstall XP with hibernation support. 
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

thats cool I was just pointing out a couple of things i know from working on these.  couple  of things to look for in a dom are listed below  alot have been tried on these with little success

1. the 44 pin ide header on the dt 366 has  half height ide pins  so the one your ordered unless half heigh which it  most likely 4is not . you can sand the header down in theory however this has not worked yet.

2 . your dom has to have a horizontal header and not vertical in order to fit inside the casing  these have very little clearance inside the casing for depth and also for width .
jm98

Post by jm98 »

Yes, I order OEM version 3V for short pins. Hopefully seller won't screw up.  After all this I came to realize  I should have purchased 4G DT368 version for little more $$$.
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Post by david_halliday »

One benefit of the DT366 is all these great people that have them to share info, I dont know of anyone with a DT368.

Please let us know exactly what flash module you ordered and if it works out.

Dave.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

Alright I have memory information. It's "NULL".  Per my online vandor Apeser will not sell memory for DT366. Aperser engineer indicated to online vandor that DT366 has special code that is only for DT Research.  I don't know what code means, is it a part order code, is it a some sort of proprietary chip on DOM or who knows what...