MicroXP / XP drivers

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
serialjoepsycho

Re: MicroXP / XP drivers

Post by serialjoepsycho »

wow I'm listening to what your saying but I'm not really getting a clear picture of it. Are you using microxp? It sounds like its the disk you are using. Burn another one and see how that works.
netoa22

Post by netoa22 »

i've tried that and i used both discs on  a pc and both installed microxp without a problem on the pcs.
can you please tell me your settings for the flash drive in the bios so i can check if they are different to mine?
serialjoepsycho

I use the factory default settings. I Only upped the video settings to as high as they go. If you hit the reset button you now have default settings. Just up the video as high as they go and  you will have my settings and then you will find you are still having the same problems.  Plug your usb cd rom drive into your desktop and see if it loads up.
serialjoepsycho

Micro2003

micro2003? It would be compatible with the xp drivers. the question being will it be to big? It has over 50 progs to install but will it leave em on disk? Anywho its there to try and might fit if it's in the vien of microxp and not tinyxp. It's food for thought
nqnq

Post by nqnq »

I'm also experiencing the same problem. BSOD 0000007b at  windows is starting right after it had loaded all the files. I've tried numerous install (microxp, tinyxp and etc...) I'm thinking it has something to do with the internal flash having the CE version. Maybe I should format the drive first...
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

Delete all partitions and reformat before installation,.

Bruce
plane_crazy
nqnq

Post by nqnq »

Nope. No improvement at all. If only someone can share the XPe image....
plane_crazy

Post by plane_crazy »

That would be a dream come true. If anyone is willing to share a ghost image of their XPe installation I'll be first in line!! (PM me for confidentiality)

Working on building my own XPe, but not going great. I can't get Angrymeats build going. I get like 90 errors when it loads and lots of missing dependancies. Angrymeat said there were 2 additional updates that needed to be d/l'd but I could only find the 2007 feature pak and the dot net 2.0 addon. Did I miss one?

Bruce
plane_crazy
rectic

Post by rectic »

The biggest issue there is the licensing with sharing an image, and the fact it's technically illegal.

Side note: I was checking eBay for other WebDT models the other day and noticed someone on eBay selling a flash chip/XPe license/XPe image combo. Might be an option if someone really wants the real XPe that's functioning for the 366.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

tkmedia, a member here on webdt.org, can get both empty and preloaded flash drives. Unless I am mistaken I believe there is availability for XPe to be preloaded. I do not know if the XPe that is available is specially built to include the particular drivers that the DT needs. I would be surprised if it did but tkmedia is the one to check with.
rectic

Post by rectic »

quotaholic wrote: tkmedia, a member here on webdt.org, can get both empty and preloaded flash drives. Unless I am mistaken I believe there is availability for XPe to be preloaded. I do not know if the XPe that is available is specially built to include the particular drivers that the DT needs. I would be surprised if it did but tkmedia is the one to check with.
I didn't know he was selling flash drives, but I did know that LinuxMCE sold USB sticks to load the software onto the tablet.

The only concern with buying it preloaded is the fact that it's illegal without a license. Makes me a bit nervous.
serialjoepsycho

he's selling them str8 up in the open so I'd assume it's legit. Someone had xpe coa's on sale and I think (but don't recall) that it was him.
rectic

Post by rectic »

serialjoepsycho wrote: he's selling them str8 up in the open so I'd assume it's legit. Someone had xpe coa's on sale and I think (but don't recall) that it was him.
Where was this at? I bought the COA, but I also bought a flash chip. Damn COA's cost around $100 if you get them legit.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

rectic wrote:
quotaholic wrote: tkmedia, a member here on webdt.org, can get both empty and preloaded flash drives. Unless I am mistaken I believe there is availability for XPe to be preloaded. I do not know if the XPe that is available is specially built to include the particular drivers that the DT needs. I would be surprised if it did but tkmedia is the one to check with.
I didn't know he was selling flash drives, but I did know that LinuxMCE sold USB sticks to load the software onto the tablet.

The only concern with buying it preloaded is the fact that it's illegal without a license. Makes me a bit nervous.

Believe me as the operator of this forum I would not recommend a less than legal method. From what he told me the preloaded chips come with licenses but this was a while ago. Again I would urge interested parties to ask tkmedia. I got my blank 1 gb chip from him. Not only was it more space but the newer chip had better performance than the old one.

If you look around the forum a little you will find some folks with coa's here as well if that is the only thing you need.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

rectic,

This was the post I was recalling when I mentioned others here may have coa's.

http://webdt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=889#p889

quotaholic