wireless network issues

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
potts.mike

wireless network issues

Post by potts.mike »

I have my tablet up and running with an nlite version of xp, everything seems to be working fine except for the networking. The wireless adapter is recognized and reports as working fine but it will not find any networks. I know that my home network is up and running fine but when i do a scan its not found. any ideas?
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: wireless network issues

Post by quotaholic »

What are the results of ipconfig /all?
matt
Developer
Developer

Post by matt »

If you are using the original Cisco wireless card, then it might only be able to recognise 802.11b networks.

Your network router might be set to 802.11g - a newer standard. Try going into the settings for your network router and enabling 802.11b legacy support.
potts.mike

Post by potts.mike »

Already check the wireless g thing and legacy b support is enable. Its also not seeing any of my neighbors networks which I know some of are b.

I ran ipconfig /all and it seems that

media state...........media disconnected

would be the problem. I need to find a torx thats the right size to open it up and make sure the card is properly seated. IT did work fine under CE 5.0 though. Any other things that I should check?
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

Sounds like something that was nlited out should have not been. Home automation huh? Does your app require .net? I've installed a few automation systems. Going for lifeware or hal?

quotaholic
potts.mike

Post by potts.mike »

the HA package is CQC actually but I haven't even tried to install it yet. Is it possible to figure out what files I need or a way to troubleshoot it?
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

http://www.charmedquark.com/vb_forum/sh ... php?t=7961

Looks like xpe is the client of choice. They have .net and a "regular viewer" for non .net machines. There is little to no hardware requirements or "real" documentation available on the software aside from a slight faq. The forums have much more content. Most who have worked with xpe claim .net is just not possible on a stock 500mb DT366.

I have not touched windows since the release if XP. Sorry I can not offer help in diagnosing missing software. Have you tried a usb nic? Or possibly a hardware diagnostic application? Something like AIDA32?

quotaholic