GPS on DT366

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
tkdcompdude

Re: GPS on DT366

Post by tkdcompdude »

So it worked by having D:\Program Files or do you have your program files located here?  Thanks.
azcaddman

Post by azcaddman »

I installed the actual program (nroute, ozi explorer, and mapsource) to the c:\program files, and told it to store the maps on d:\ozimaps, and d:\garmin
jm98

Post by jm98 »

tkdcompdude wrote: So it worked by having D:\Program Files or do you have your program files located here?  Thanks.
Yes, correct. I did not want any applications on C:\ drive.
azcaddman

Post by azcaddman »

garmin's fairly picky, not sure if you can install the app to d:  (i just installed it with a very small mapset to c:, then installed optional maps to d:
tkdcompdude

Post by tkdcompdude »

^^ So if you did do that do you have anything from the install of MicroXP on your C:\ drive?  Then if that is all you have on the C:\ drive how did you get the install to actually install the software onto the CF or as you say D:\ drive?

^Okay we maybe in touch in the coming days if I don't get anywhere with MSFT S&T, the reason I am using that is I already have that software and the USB GPS unit that came along with the 2007 I purchased and I have access to 2009 through a different source.
azcaddman

Post by azcaddman »

microxp is installed entirely on the c: drive (512mb internal flash).. the only part I reconfigured was to tell windows that d:\temp is the location for temp files, not c:\temp  that helps a lot of programs that need scratch space to accomplish their install.

garmin mapsource software, nroute software, and ozi explorer software, all installed on c:\program files, leaving about 80mb free on c:

gamin maps, and ozi maps/data on d:
ynopum

Post by ynopum »

azcaddman wrote: microxp is installed ...
How is your GPS connected? If it is via Bluetooth  - then what drivers you are using for MicroXP. Which port for the GPS settings in the programs is then operating?

Thanks in advance.

I switched to MicroXP after spending 1 week of unsuccessful searching for WinCE x86 GPS program.
azcaddman

Post by azcaddman »

I've used a wired gps (garmin 18usb) and a oncourse bluetooth.  the oncouse shows up as com4.

for the computer side, i use a iogear bt dongle, not the internal bt (couldn't get it going right).

on the wince side.. you can get a version of ozi explorer ce, compiled for the x86 (i emailed them and asked for one).  But I didn't like some of the wince issues, so switched to microxp
tkdcompdude

Post by tkdcompdude »

So I was wondering if anyone here knows how to install Streets and Trips 2007 onto a CF Card here on the forum.  Thanks.  I have been trying to figure out how to do this and have only successfully gotten the pre-req software installed at the moment.  Thanks in advance.
rc211e

Post by rc211e »

ynopum wrote: I managed to connect WinCE via Bluetooth to Garmin GPS 10x.
I used a registry editor (PHM 0.70 by Philippe Majerus) to see that.
The name of the port can be seen in "HKLM/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/BLUETOOTH/PRINTER" an the important is Port_name key. I don't know why the GPS is recognized as printer. The most important is that under the key PORT_NAME we see "BSP2:"

So we define the name of the port as BSP: in the program and it goes! :)

Thanks fo this advice
Did it work?
Did you use inbuilt Bluetooth?
I saw later in the thread you had decided to go XP but I gather that was because of lack of mapping SW for x86 CE5.0. I am still keen to try Ozi so I will see if I can get my bluetooth going using this approach.

Cheers

UPDATE
Tried this tonight with OziExplorer and it works! (had to enter Com Port of BSP2:) Loverly! Thanks Ynopum
Last edited by rc211e on Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

tkdcompdude wrote: So I was wondering if anyone here knows how to install Streets and Trips 2007 onto a CF Card here on the forum.  Thanks.  I have been trying to figure out how to do this and have only successfully gotten the pre-req software installed at the moment.  Thanks in advance.
Yes, When installation prompts for install path simply replace c:\program files\... to d:\program files\...  However the .Net 1.1 Frameworks has no option to install in D: so you must have some space in c:\ in order to complete the S&T 2007 installation.

Step 1) Install .Net Framework (no option to install in CF card)
Step 2) Install M$ S&T 2007 in CF by selecting D:\program files path

Note: If you have 512MB then you might be out of luck...
tkdcompdude

Post by tkdcompdude »

^ When you mention the 512MB do you mean the internal flash or the compact flash card?  I currently have a CF card that is a 16GB.  As for telling it to change like you said I have tried this and failed on numerous occasions.  Let me confirm that I am doing it correctly with you.  I place the install disc in and let the .NET go onto the C: drive, once this is finished it asks what type of installation you want.  I select full installation and then it asks what path you want to install the software to, I tell it like you said D:\Program Files and then the installation comments I don't have enough space on that drive and to select another path. 

The only thing I could think is that if I could find a way for Windows to think that the CF card was a normal hard disk or extend the C: drive to include the CF card would it work with the CF.  Then I began to think one way I could do it is to buy a external USB stick like this one, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0355385539 .
jm98

Post by jm98 »

I meant 512MB disk (C:\ drive) will be a limitation when installing .Net Framework. 
jm98

Post by jm98 »

The other thing you can do is use IGO for PC (google) with your existing mio maps (if you have a gps device).  The IGO does not require install but should run from CF.