[Photo] How to add 8G flash on WEBDT Tablet

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
sunnyvoip

[Photo] How to add 8G flash on WEBDT Tablet

Post by sunnyvoip »

The IDE on tablet is a standard 44 pin ide port. We use regular laptop ide cable + (IDE to CF card converter) so we can use the 8G compact compact flash card.  It works fine.

You can install full version Linux and Windows XP after the 8G compact flash card installed.

The photo was taken from DT360 but DT366 works the same way.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [Photo] How to add 8G flash on WEBDT Tablet

Post by angrymeat »

does the 360 have the short pins like the 366 ?  If so then sweeeet I will have an hd on mine as soon as my cables come in .
sunnyvoip

Post by sunnyvoip »

If you mean the pin depth of IDE port on mother board, yes it's same for DT366 and DT360 since the flash driver is swappable for DT360/DT366.

Still looking for workable flash drive for dt366. Let me know if anybody find a source.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

dark posted  on here that she has a few extra 1 gb  flashes  available.
Sorin

Post by Sorin »

I just bought this item:

NEW CF T0 3.5"IDE (FEMALE) ADAPTER (BEND ANGLE)FREE S&H

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0279199827

It will come from Honk Kong, so it will take a while. I am curious if it will fit inside.
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Post by david_halliday »

I dont think that is going to work for you, it is 40pin (normal IDE) you need 44pin (2.5in laptop IDE.)

Dave.
Sorin

Post by Sorin »

good point ! :(
Sorin

Post by Sorin »

found another one, hopefully this one will fit...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0148152766
david_halliday
Developer
Developer

Post by david_halliday »

Description says Right Angle but the picture looks like a straight through to me. If it does end up being a right angle let us know.

Dave.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

I took this photo when I put a 1 gig flash chip in my dt. The plug hits the pins and the card biases towards the taller white object to the north. I am hoping the adapter has the room it needs.  Good eyes on the deal!

http://picasaweb.google.com/dkuchay/Apacer#5321612096014357394
sunnyvoip

Post by sunnyvoip »

This one doesn't work neither since you need HORIZONTAL  44 pin (laptop ide) to CF converter.
Sorin wrote: found another one, hopefully this one will fit...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0148152766
Walt

Post by Walt »

This is some great info. I am a new owner of a previously owned WebDT366. My intentions are to turn it into a configurable choice board for facilitated communication. My son (3yrs.) has not developed his language skills or good motor control yet. Currently we draw on a dry erase board and let him narrow down his choices. I am interested in getting WinXP loaded onto to my machine, then possibly excel so that I may start with a rudimentary table with programmable cells. Has anyone tried to use a 44ide to SD configuration? My research on CF tells me that the writes to it are limited. Is there any reason not to go with SD technology instead? Also, maybe someone here can point me to the WinXP gurus. I know changing operating systems (currently WinCE) can be quite a task. I changed a laptop from Vista to XP and jumped through hoops to get old drivers to work with new hardware. Any info and a point in some direction would be appreciated.
Walt

Post by Walt »

Thanks for the info darkcirca. The drivers are what I am hesitant about as well. I am weary about going through the trouble of backing up WinCE (or can I just remove the flash plugged into the 44pin ide... isn't that where the bootable copy of CE is and replace it with CF/SD to ide?) and then load WinXPe (pricy) and possibly have driver issues. Come to think of it. If I wanted to get WinXPe onto the new CF/SD I would probably have to load it beforehand externally through a conversion cable... like usb to 44pin ide. Does that sound right?
Walt

Post by Walt »

XPe for $100 sounds reasonable. I'll take a look over the weekend since I am out of the office for the rest of the day. Do have any suggestions as to where I can get a quality flash drive? Thanks again... I'll post my progress.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

the 44 pin header on these appears to be 3.3 v so a standard 2.5" hard disk will not work on them . However a 1.8" (ipod hard drive ) should since they are 3.3 v . The 366 board has two components in the way of allot of standard laptop ide cables . you have to shave two of the corners down on the ide had to make them fit. I also sanded my cable head down to ensure contact form the short pins