I have been trying to install microXP on this tablet.. no luck

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
rainor94

I have been trying to install microXP on this tablet.. no luck

Post by rainor94 »

So I have had this tablet for a few months now and I haven't been doing anything useful with it. I had Windows CE 5 and I couldn't find any applications for that OS so now I want microXP so I can install some navigation software on it to use as a GPS. Now Coburn64 claims he has a working copy of microXP but no one is able to use his image. So so far I have tried installing microXP off Coburn64 but that was a waste of time and then I tried installing microXP from a USB drive but thats not working well (gives me a blue screen at setup).

I am asking for some help on installing a working version of XP on this tablet. I don't have a USB cd-drive and I am not sure if it is possible to install Windows on this tablet without it. If absolutely needed though I can buy one. I appreciate anyone who can help me.
rainor94

Re: I have been trying to install microXP on this tablet.. no luck

Post by rainor94 »

Is it possible to install microXP off usb? Setup boots and in the end it gives me a blue screen. It seems like at a point in setup it disconnects the USB and yes I am using a powered USB hub.
Last edited by rainor94 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ws62003

Post by ws62003 »

Same issue here, setup launches, loads some files, says "starting windows" then bluescreens. Help, tips, or pm with link for a known good copy of microxp or a ghost image would be greatly apprecieated
serialjoepsycho

Post by serialjoepsycho »

ok dude yes it's possible to do it from a flash drive. I don't know how to do it and have never tried and doubt anyone here as tried it. With that said a search of google will give you what you need. It's going to be trial and error baby. if at first you don't succeed try try again.

One thing I'd say to try though is http://wintoflash.com/overview/en/ . If it works it should do the job for you in a very simple manner. If that doesn't work just search google. Here's one FAQ to start you out: http://www.ocia.net/articles/xpflashdrive/page1.shtml . but dude really try the winto flash thing first. Also make sure whatever copy of xp you use works in the first place before you decide anything has failed. Just burn it off on a disc and see if the installer boots up on your desktop. I would recommend using microxp. after you get it on the usb of course follow the tutorial in this forum. If you need to know where to find a copy of microxp all I can tell you is to walk to the BAY with the excessive amount of parrots.

Ok what ever goodluck
BrettNewman

Re: I have been trying to install microXP on this tablet.. n

Post by BrettNewman »

Same issue here, setup launches, loads some files, says "starting windows" then bluescreens.
Recommend the One Tree Hill Season 9 DVD, a very good-looking DVD!