Games, or any software.

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
ionbladez

Games, or any software.

Post by ionbladez »

Hi everyone, I'm sure this may seem like a dumb  question but I've seen some games for CE.NET floating around and now I cannot find any..

I'm pulling my hair out how microsoft could possibly strip SOLITARE of all things off of these devices (mine - dt 366)

Any SOFTWARE period would make me happy, I got internet working on it because of my laptop having bluetooth and I am running it through that.

but everything else is extremely limited,
I really need to find some kind of games or any other software for this,
since I don't have a headphone adaptor I can't listen to music on it, so anything else would greatly be appriciated.

Thanks in advance, everyone.
Fleegman
Developer
Developer

Re: Games, or any software.

Post by Fleegman »

Software for CE 5.0 on the WebDT

http://webdt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1
ionbladez

Post by ionbladez »

I've already downloaded all 5 of these, Flash player doesn't work under IE, and there is no projector exe in the directory.

I have virtual earth installed already, and it's pretty cool.

Thing is I need 1 main thing to work on this, I need the java runtime, I found the mobile edition website, and do know that the download is provided by manufacturer.

Does anyone have it saved, can upload, or give me a link to this? (since WebDT 366 is discontinued, they provide no downloads for it... :( )
Fleegman
Developer
Developer

Post by Fleegman »

Don't get your hopes up on getting a better browsing experience under Windows CE 5.0 ... it just doesn't exist.  Not even Micro$oft will help us there.

The only way to get a better operating environment on these WebDT's is by getting a good Linux build  (so far the only one that works is my NimbleX instructions... but it's still bloated and sluggish) or to place XPe on it .... and no-one is willing to share the later method with us.