Videos on DT366 with XP Pro ???

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
plane_crazy

Videos on DT366 with XP Pro ???

Post by plane_crazy »

Thought I read here somewhere how to resample videos so that they are watchable on the DT366. But I can't seem to find it. If anyone here knows how to change an avi or mpg file, or rip a DVD so that it is watchable on the DT366 please share that information with me. I don't have much experience working with video files.

Thanks,

Bruce
plane_crazy
ynopum

Re: Videos on DT366 with XP Pro ???

Post by ynopum »

I tried playing some movies on MicroXP on WebDT366. I was using Media Player Classic and K-lite codec-pack.

What I can say is that the bit rate is very important to be as low as possible. I was playing with different rendering ways, but there was no way to improve the performance. My opinion now is that the device is not suitable to render  smooth videos with the resolution of the display (to be honest, even width more than 600 pixels is a great challenge for it).

I can compare it with HP iPAQ hx4700 and DT366 is the loser. (of course iPAQ is with WinMobile, not WinXP).
Even iPAQ 210/214 plays the same movie much better. Both iPAQs are with 624MHz ARM CPU, the hx4700 has a dedicated video-chip, and the iPAQ 214 has a newer generation CPU with 'intergated' video.

I don't recommend the DT366 for fullscreen DivX video. I think the FPU of the Geode is not powerful enough.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

I tried one time playing simple video clip ~200MB using VLC player on DT369. Video was choppy. 
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

I believe this is the post you were looking for:

http://webdt.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=35#p35