How to keep files on your DT

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
zecio

How to keep files on your DT

Post by zecio »

Hi guys..

Im pretty new to the DT scene am trying to learn all i can. So i have come to a brick wall on trying to figure out why everytime when i have files on my webdt 366 "Desktop for example" . And only when the batteries are dead all my files disappear. It comes up pretty much clear and with out my files. So i have to push out my files to it, everytime i let both the batteries die. Anyone else with this problem? Any thoughts or ideas? The files im refering to are just .wav 's and a small stand alone .exe. Thanks in advance for any help.

Zecio
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to keep files on your DT

Post by quotaholic »

The main board of the DT366 does not have a battery for the cmos. Thus if you run the batteries down any bios settings you make will need to be readjusted as the bios reverts to defaults in the event of runing out of the power needed to keep these settings.

Cant help you on setting up windows on a DT for persistent changes however if you saved these files to a compact flash card, removed both batteries, and tried again these files should still be on the CF card. By the sounds of it your files are being stored in a volitile location.
ionbladez

Post by ionbladez »

If you're running Windows CE, then it's no problem. I stored at least 20 or 30 mp3s on my DT.
It's not what is wrong with the unit, it's where you put the Files.

It's really simple.
Try moving your files to the Flash Storage 2 folder - I believe that's it. It's the FLASH Labeled folder that has nothing in it.

That will keep your files there even if your battery dies.
The backup battery on the system board will keep your files there for a REALLY LONG TIME.
quotaholic
Administrator
Administrator

Post by quotaholic »

My bad, I honestly thought there was no cmos battery. I'll stay on the linux side. Sorry for misinforming.