Looking for PCI to CARDBUS bridge driver

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
keehan

Looking for PCI to CARDBUS bridge driver

Post by keehan »

Hi,

I've been playing with XP on one of my 366's, but no matter what I've tried, I can't get it to recognize the PCI to CARDBUS bridge.  Properites are "PCI\VEN104C"..

There's another unknown device showing as well that I'm equally lost on.  Properties are "ACPI\ACPILCD00"...

I've downloaded several driver packs from Dell and TI after Googling around a whole heap, but none recognize the hardware.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? 

Many Thanks!
Dave7341

Re: Looking for PCI to CARDBUS bridge driver

Post by Dave7341 »

The drivers have been posted over and over - here they are again:

http://cid-50effd7a33bbc481.office.live ... %20Drivers

You need the TI1520 PCI to cardbus and the 'unknown' is the button agent with brightness control.

Good luck - Dave
keehan

Post by keehan »

Yup... Been there a long time ago and several times over :)...didn't work.  :(

Sorry... I should have been clearer in my original post.

Thanks for the reply though.
keehan

Post by keehan »

It might sound funny to you, but being a Linux person through and through, I find Windows strangely difficult to understand and work with!

:)
Dave7341

Post by Dave7341 »

Puppy Linux works great on the 366.

The TI driver in the link is in fact the correct driver so you either have a hardware problem or a problem with your XP.  I suspect your copy of XP or XPe.  Perhaps portions of the PCMCIA support have been removed or are corrupt.  Not really sure but that driver is correct.  You might want to find an image of a working version of XP for your 366.

Try Puppy Linux v4.31 on your 366 - you'll like it! 

Good luck.
keehan

Post by keehan »

Actually, it's time to apologise...

I have two DT366's, both were running Puppy Linux just fine, although WPA2 wireless was a pain in the butt to get working.  I don't mind puppy at all, but it still seems a bit "clunky" on the DT's hardware.  So I thought I might try XP just for looksies and I installed it on my other DT366 but found the 500MB internal space too limiting, so that's when I bought some 16GB CF cards.  When I inserted a card in the DT366 running Puppy, there were no problems, but the XP had the problems I mentioned earlier.

Last night I swapped images and XP now installs the PCI CARDBUS driver with no issues on the other 366 and all is working fine.  So I have to put it down to a hardware problem for the moment on one of the 366's.  It's not surprising as I've had that particular 366 apart and back together many time whilst I've been poking around it, which was also why I chose that one to try XP.

XP seems to be much snappier on the DT366 than Puppy.  Another reason I wanted to try XP is that I'm using this 366 on the road in my vehicle with a heap of Ham Radio equipment and quite a bit of amateur software is only written for Windows.

Sorry for the false call and thanks for (yet again!) pointing a lost soul in the right direction!

Regards.
BoydBooker

Post by BoydBooker »

I find Windows strangely difficult to understand and work with!
Strong magic is coming in Merlin Season 5 DVD again and you will be attracted by the brand-new screen!