XP Embedded

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: XP Embedded

Post by angrymeat »

ill have to dig out my sound drivers and post them  as for the buttons stuff ill post that too in a second.
I noticed you left the infared port stuff in your image along with all the tv captur that will help if you take out also on yours did you resolve the fact you have no icons showing on your start menu ?  I have my xpe up and running pretty well with over 200 megs of free space found some cool touch keyboards as well looking touch-it keyboard and digikeys. digikeys is friggin huge.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=86072d7425fbbe2761d4646c62b381cb479666efd031b8b75be6ba49b5870170
thats the button agent and drivers im still diging for the audio.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

btw hop on the irc room if you want to talk about anything on xpe
mcreim

Post by mcreim »

angrymeat wrote: btw hop on the irc room if you want to talk about anything on xpe
Thank you for the buttonagent. It may sound silly, but I don't have a IRC-Client installed. But maybe later (when buttons are working.)  ;D
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

there is a button at the top of the forums that says chat :)  I told him he should make it blink :P
Stine

Post by Stine »

Quick question :)

Are you going to realese the XPe image and instructions? or just instructions on how to build your own image?
mcreim

Post by mcreim »

Stine wrote: Quick question :)

Are you going to realese the XPe image and instructions? or just instructions on how to build your own image?

I don't think that it is legal to release a complete image (even if it is a trial-release).  :(

But I think it's legal to hand out the .slx - file which loads into the target designer and can then be builded into a image.  :)

The problem in my view are the device-specific drivers. Maybe it is possible to release an image without them and everybody who wants to have the full functionality has to get the drivers on his own. ???

Greetings
Michael
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

I have a trial image that will be out later today . I will be posting all of the config files and drivers as well. I suggest  anyone who wants xpe get themselves embedded studio and use the things posted to make their own images. There several ways to  cough extend the trial period  cough cough .
mcreim

Post by mcreim »

angrymeat wrote: I have a trial image that will be out later today . I will be posting all of the config files and drivers as well. I suggest  anyone who wants xpe get themselves embedded studio and use the things posted to make their own images. There several ways to  cough extend the trial period  cough cough .
Cool. Will you post the bluetooth-drivers as well? And have you seen the "brightness-control" does not work issue on your dt366?

Greetings
Michael
Stine

Post by Stine »

mcreim wrote:
angrymeat wrote: I have a trial image that will be out later today . I will be posting all of the config files and drivers as well. I suggest  anyone who wants xpe get themselves embedded studio and use the things posted to make their own images. There several ways to  cough extend the trial period  cough cough .
Cool. Will you post the bluetooth-drivers as well? And have you seen the "brightness-control" does not work issue on your dt366?

Greetings
Michael
Awesome! now I just need my DT366 back from the refurb :)
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

I am working to get this out today been tweaking with it a ton.  Mcreim as for bluetooth drivers they are built into your embedded studio sp2 and up . If you are running the hush hush non legit  embedded studio pop in disk3 and install the sp2 update to your embedded studio. I am trying to get .net2.0 included in my build but space is not making that work out so well  when done I  will post my  ghost image of a trial version of xp embedded and my slx and drivers. Thanks for your patience.
jm98

Post by jm98 »

Newbie here...

Would this work?  1024MB source

Needs to be tweak with and compiled.
Last edited by jm98 on Sun May 10, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

my xp image was  under 300 megs installed so anything with more than 300 megs of space will work.