PDF files?

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
Triock

PDF files?

Post by Triock »

I've had my DT 366 (Win CE ) for a few hours now and I'm looking for help on how to get a pdf reader on it.  That's really all I want to do with it; read .pdf's.  For the life of me I cannot find a program that does the trick, or at least one that installs natively on this thing... even .cab files saying that they run on CE.
I tried PocketXpdf_0.5.0.CAB, and, though it installed, I could not get the program to run (not a valid windows CE application). 
I am semi-retarded when it comes to tablet PCs and would really appreciate any help/options that anyone could give me.  Do I need to get away from CE entirely to do this seemingly very simple thing with my tablet PC?  Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance
Elwgreen

Re: PDF files?

Post by Elwgreen »

I have a 366 on order and need to also read pdf docs. If someone has an answer I too would appreciate it.
rectic

Post by rectic »

What about Foxit? I believe they had a PDF Viewer for CE 5.0 at one point.
Triock

Post by Triock »

The list of pdf reader-programs claiming to be CE 5.0 computable yet failing to initialize is growing.  I've tried Foxit for mobile devices (supposed to be CE 5.0 compatible) and, like the others, the cab installed fine yet the application won't run afterwords (says it's not a valid CE application).  

Can someone help?
Triock

Post by Triock »

Hey rectic:

Funny that you were posting what you wrote at the same time I was posting my experiences with Foxit.  It didn't work either unfortunately.
rectic

Post by rectic »

What about finding an older version? I run XPe on mine now, so I can't really play with the old versions.
Triock

Post by Triock »

I tried an older version, a version specifically made for CE 5.0.  no dice.
rectic

Post by rectic »

MS had a PDF Viewer at one point..but that was before CE 5.0