Installing WinXP Pro on DT366

If you are running Windows on your WebDT366 this is for you.
XGhosT

Installing WinXP Pro on DT366

Post by XGhosT »

good afternoon!

Does anyone have installed Win XP Pro on DT366 with 500 MB Flash disk?

I'v try to install Windows (after nLite, of course) and  after rebooting have error STOP 0x000007b
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Installing WinXP Pro on DT366

Post by angrymeat »

yep you took out the drivers didnt you ? the 0000007b is to do with the ide.
sunnyvoip

Post by sunnyvoip »

Anybody tried mini-XP which is only 125M?
XGhosT

Post by XGhosT »

darkcirca wrote: I've had a functioning Win XP Pro on the 512MB flash, but due to lack of space, it runs nicer on the 1GB
Can you tell us, how to install Windows on DT366?
Step-by-step, if you can.

Standard Win XP Pro can't be installed on system with disk capacity lower than 1GB.
After applying nLite Windows can be installed on disk lower than 512MB. Theoretically ;-(

But in practice - i have STOP 0x000007b every times after first reboot.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

your 7b is most likely due to removing drivers on your nlite.
kosmo111

Post by kosmo111 »

darkcirca please write about install windows xp on flash drive, and tell my about drivers for xp
kosmo111

Post by kosmo111 »

touch panel work in standard windows xp??
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

you will most likely need to get the penmount touchscreen drivers  and the geode gx audio codec drivers . the blutooth xp pro sp2 should find and i think the aironet 350 wifi windows would detect as well. I will suggest from experience when you nlite your xp install leave all the drivers in tact something i se alot is the 0000007b bluescreen which has to do with the ide drivers. I would suggest that you install you nlited xp on a seperate hard drive that is partitioned to 512 megs . once you have one that will install to that then you can ghost that image to your dt. Os's seem to have an issue sometimes writing to the flash on install thats why we tend to image them more than install to them.  At the moment your going to have a hard time finding a fast easy solution to putting any version of windows onto your dt. It is going to take alot of trial and error and messing with things. you will also need some additional hardware like a bootable usb flash drive  and a usb hub .
Sergdj

Post by Sergdj »

Hello All. Sorry, my english is very bad ::)
Whu realy install Windows XP on WEBDT366?
Please, make the image of HDD (500 MB) by Acronis true image, and post it somwhere.

I cant install win XP because all time I heve a blue screen (0x0000007B).

Please help  :'(
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

I would like to ask that  you please not post any direct links to pirated versions of windows on these forums. The evil Microsoft trolls will jump out and eat us all. I dont think  its an issue posting information on where to find one but a direct link is a bad idea.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

as for an xpe image if you make it with xp tools dt really cannot say a thing about them however if you violate Microsoft licensing  they can have alot to  say about it.
Sergdj

Post by Sergdj »

Greetings. Tell please how you have overcome an error 0x0000007B?
I tried all possible variants. Even has unsoldered loop IDE 2 :) And now on mine 366 it is established 40 Gb HDD 2,5" :) But the error is all the same shown. I understand that the driver for controller HDD is necessary, but I can not find it :(
Please help.
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

how are you trying to install xp from a cd or imagine your drive. Also post some info on your hard drive setup.
XGhosT

Post by XGhosT »

I found the reason of error STOP 7B.
I try to install windows from my usb drive, and i see some strange facts:
my USB drive is drive primary, Internal Flash is secondary drive.

And windows installed on USB drive automatically, because it is a primary drive and they have more free disk space (2GB) then internal flash.

After first phase installing, windows try to boot from USB drive and they can't do it, because USB drivers not installed yet! STOP 7B, BSOD.

How i can setup Internal flash to primary anyway ???

P.S. As experiment, i installed windows from USB CD drive. All is ok  :)
angrymeat
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by angrymeat »

hmm thats odd thes things detect the internal as drive 80 and the external as 81 . Thats not the reason for the 0000007b . I have flashed os's directly to the dt and had the same error . It has to do with the system not having the ide drivers in it to begin with
when you nlite your install make sure your not removing  any of the drivers . Windows will allow you to select your  install drive unless you have a disk setup to do an unattended install. It will not automatically select a disk and format that disk unless it was setup to do that intentionally within unattended. I would say the issue you ran into with your was specific  to your installation media.